Have you somehow ended up with a couple of disposable Styrofoam boxes? Rather than tossing those boxes in the trash bin, you can use your creativity and repurpose it.
Whether you picked up these boxes for a camping trip or received one as a shipment of perishable food, you can always re-use them once it has served its purpose.
Here are the 3 Coolest Ways to Reuse Styrofoam Boxes:
- Create a Compost Bin
Composting is an excellent way to put the kitchen scraps to good use and generate good quality planting soil.
How to Repurpose Styrofoam Box into a Compost Bin:
- Start by drilling holes in the box and its lid. These holes are for proper ventilation and drainage.
- Make sure you drill numerous small holes, without causing any damage to the structural foundation.
- Make a layer of dry materials in the box to create conditions to produce the required amount of heat.
- The next thing to do is add a layer of fresh material like vegetable/fruit waste.
- Then make another layer of dry material. This will restrict the foul smell. Every time you add fresh material, mix it up well and add about two cups of water to it.
Build a Comfortable Shelter for Feline Friend
If you’ve got an outdoor feline friend(s), repurposing the old Styrofoam box into a cat house will provide your furry friend with a safe retreat.
- Take a sharp knife and cut a large opening on one side of the box. Make sure the opening is big enough for an average-sized cat to pass through easily.
- Drill some tiny holes as it keeps the interior of the box warmer. Place an old towel at the bottom of the box. During the cold months, you can also place a small blanket to heat the cat bed.
- Put the lid on the box and secure properly with deck screws.
An Inexpensive DIY Air Conditioner
An AC made from Styrofoam box won’t cool down your home, but it can prove highly effective in cooling down smaller areas like a bedroom.
What Do You Need For DIY Styrofoam AC?
- Styrofoam cooler
- PVC pipes with elbows
- Blade to cut the foam.
How to Repurpose a Styrofoam box into a Mini AC?
- Cut a hole for the fan in the box’s lid. Make sure the hole is large enough to properly secure the fan in its place.
- Then cut additional holes in the lid to insert the PVC pipes. Make at least 3-4 holes.
- Now insert PVC pipe in every hole and attach an elbow to each end. This enables you to adjust the air direction. Place the fan pointing downward towards the box, in the hole.
- Now fill the box with ice, plug in the fan and turn it on. The fan will produce cool air which passes through the PVC pipes.
Browse through our website to check out our product range. Being committed to contributing to the environment, we produce eco-friendly packaging material.