A Styrofoam cooler is a popular packaging material. Due to its excellent insulation property, Styrofoam Esky is widely used in the food and packaging industry. Moreover, it is extensively used as a portable cooler to keep food or beverages fresh and cool for a long period of time.
Millions of tiny air bubbles in the Styrofoam creates a “cold zone”, consequently reduces the amount of external heat entering the box significantly. This property ensures a uniform temperature is maintained inside the container.
Why Styrofoam boxes are popular?
- Protects the products: Styrofoam has outstanding shock absorbency giving it a capability to withstand pressure.
- Durability: Styrofoam boxes are extremely durable, therefore, making it reliable to pack and transport fresh food and other goods. The material is moisture resistant, ensuring proper hygiene.
- Lightweight: Styrofoam is 98% air. Hence it is extremely lightweight and does not add any extra weight to the total product.
- Insulates the products: Thermal insulation properties of Styrofoam helps to keep food fresh through the whole distribution chain.
Since Styrofoam is considered to be an excellent insulator, it is widely used in different industries. Let’s see its applications in various industries.
- Food industry: Styrofoam has amazing insulating properties. That’s the reason why these boxes are extensively to store and transport fresh vegetable or poultry. It keeps the food insulated from the external heat for hours. The result – It stops rotting or degrading of food caused due to an increase in the external temperatures. These boxes can also withstand extreme pressures. Therefore, the boxes are perfect for transporting food products. Moreover, it is lightweight. Hence, it makes it easy to carry the boxes.
- Packaging industry: Apart from food industry Styrofoam boxes have great application in the packaging industry. Since the boxes have the capability to withstand pressure, they are often used to pack and transport fragile items like electronic goods, cosmetics and so on. These boxes are also widely used in the mailing industry. Moreover, the boxes are lightweight, so they are a cost-effective option for packing the materials needed to be shipped to different countries.
If you want to buy styrofoam boxes in Melbourne, contact Omega Packaging. We are a leading provider of quality packing material like foam boxes, cubes, and other packaging material.