What about having your own little garden? Gardening doesn’t need to be expensive and decorative. You can even have your own garden and grow vegetables in containers. Out of all the options, foam boxes are the most ideal choice for this purpose. They have brilliant features – easy availability, inexpensive, easy to move, lightweight, high insulation against extreme conditions, stress free handling and eco-friendly gardening. Moreover, these boxes give you an opportunity to a bit for the Earth by recycling.
Generally, there are two types of foam boxes in the market. Few of them already have holes in their base, and the broccoli types come enclosed with a lid, but without holes in the base. And it’s just so easy for you to grow your own vegetables in them. Omega Packaging has a wide range of foam boxes, available in various sizes. Our foam boxes are lightweight, durable, thermal insulated, temperature-resistant, shock-resistant and microbial-resistant. Apart from growing vegetables, our high grade boxes can be used in food industry for food storing and packaging.
MATERIALS REQUIRED : Deeper boxes are more appropriate for growing vegetables as they give a lot of space for the roots to expand. The larger vegetables benefit the most from using deeper and larger boxes. The smaller vegetables are comfortable in any size. To start the whole process, you may need :
- Good quality foam box
- Potting mix and seedlings
- High quality compost
- A garden trowel
- Shade cloth
HOW TO START?
- Always gather all the equipments, at easy reach.
- Ensure that you provide holes in the base for the foam boxes, as they are important for drainage.
- Fill the box with good quality of potting mix and compost. Compost is highly beneficial for to mix to hold water and provide nourishment to the plant.
- Select a good spot to place your vegetable foam boxes. Elevate the boxes with bricks, so that they can drain the water easily.
- Now, you can plant the seedlings. Make sure to keep them moist until seeds germinate and then you can watch them grow.
- To have a great vegetable garden and enjoy the home grown vegetables, make sure that you don’t over plant.
These foam boxes have an important functionality and can be used for growing veggies and herbs. The most commonly used vegetables in the foam boxes are radish, carrots, beetroot, turnips and many other vegetables which do not need deep rooting growth. Contact us on 03 8348 5611 or firstname.lastname@example.org for foam boxes needs.